Now I know almost every child loves to play with balls, but Scarlett is obsessed with them. She likes to hold them and won't let loose of them to play with in fear that someone will take it away from her.
I enrolled her in a play class at the Little Gym (which she loves) and toward the end they bring out a trash can full of balls. Scarlett is quick to grab as many balls as she can hold to the point where one time she used her nose to hold onto four balls and another time she sprawled herself on top of the balls. The hard part for her was when it was time to put the balls away. She cried and was so heartbroken that they would take the balls. I now make sure we have a ball waiting in the car for her so I can remind her that her ball is in the car and she can hold it.
She now sleeps with a ball in her crib. If she doesn't see it right away, I hear her on the monitor crying out "my ball, my ball" and then she finds it. So now her bed requirements are her little pillow, blanket, and ball.



0 comments:
Post a Comment